Existing Member?

Exploring U.S.A.

A new passion

USA | Saturday, 2 May 2015 | Views [168] | Scholarship Entry

When I first got to Snoqualmie Pass I was amazed by all the snow. That was the very first time I saw snow falling from the sky and I felt something really strong in my heart. I was very excited to go snowboarding down the hills, it was all i could think about. So I went, got my gear and ran to the easiest run, named Holiday. It wasn't easy at all. But even falling a thousand times and getting very hurt I couldn't stop trying, I felt that I had to learn that, I couldn't give up. So I tried day after day, week after week. In all this trying experience I got a lot of bruises. But I didn't care. I would look around and see all those kids hitting jumps and sliding down the hill and I would be so jealous and so shameful. And when I say kids I mean, little kids, like 5 years old doing so much better than I. But that only made me try more, don't be scared and keep going. I made a lot of friends that would help me by teaching me some tricks, and day after day I was getting better. The first day I went all the way at the 'holiday' run without falling I felt it was time to go to a harder ride. The levels are divided by colors, so the easiest is green, after that is blue, then black diamond, then double black diamond. So I had a looong way to the double diamond. The days that it just snowed were the best, I wasn't afraid to fall because it was like falling on clouds . I started to have a really great time snowboarding, now that I didn't fall so much I could go faster, feel the wind on my face and all that adrenalin. The day I felt prepared enough, I decided to go to the hardest mountain, Alpental. There was 2 chairs to get to the very top of the mountain, and yes, that was a double black diamond. I was so scared, going up the hill I saw that amazing white view, so much beauty in one place. All at once I was scared and happy. Some of my friends went with me and they gave me all the support to go down the hill. It was very hard, but when I got to the bottom I felt so proud of myself. I did it! At this ski resort, The Summit, located in a very small village close to Seattle, I found my passion. The only sad thing about that is that I had to go back home. And more sad is that I went home only one day after going to the hardest hill, which means I didn't have the chance to get better and ride that hill how it deserved to be.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About exploringusa


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.