Existing Member?

FEEL THE GRASS AND SEE THE WIND

Catching a Moment - THE EXPLORER 1.0

INDIA | Friday, 19 April 2013 | Views [187] | Scholarship Entry

Sometimes, a small journey brings a big change in you, unknowingly you upgrade yourself, you start loving the things that your older version almost hated…now your mindset has a wider vision… your thoughts are more liberal…all in a whole, you are not just a tourist anymore, you are an explorer and have found the sole reason of travelling.
The following true story is an ordinary description of one of the extraordinary incident during a trip that brought about my first updated version. I was on a trip to the remote and pleasant northeast India. This trip was an idea from my heart that changed my mind forever…
The tea-estates of Assam are the world’s largest tea growing region, I realized it after I was lost there. After desperate efforts of getting out, I found myself more lost than before. I settled down to figure out what was I trying to escape? The mountains seemed very high…until I saw the eagles flying in the sky; I thought I was lost…until nature chose to be my host. Everything was green except for the white birds performing their morning chorus; it felt as if they were just singing for me. I must say it was a great opening to the show. For the next performance, the Sun got to a certain angle and spread its rays to magically show the translucent nature of those tender and newly born tealeaves. The wind came into the act and added a new fragrance to the atmosphere; I would have been a millionaire if I just knew how to capture that in a bottle. By now, I realized that something was moving in my hand, it was the group of tiny ants going to-and-fro over my fingers, I understood that they were just busy gathering the props for their group act that was later to come. Amidst all of this, I never realized that the birds were still busy singing and the eagle was still flying in the sky. In my search for the way out, I discovered my way inside. Mother Nature had opened one of her son’s hearts…making the fact clear, that YOU ARE ALWAYS AN OUTSIDER, UNTIL YOU SEE IT FORM THE INSIDE.
-THE EXPLORER 3.0

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About explorer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.