Existing Member?

Impelling Fantasy

Replica, Beach

NIGERIA | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [127] | Scholarship Entry

Walking down the flight of stairs, I felt hunger as it rippled through my stomach. I had not eaten a nice meal since I arrived. I managed to grip the banister firmly. An exquisite long leaded glass whose frame was painted white stood tall in front of the staircase. A small patch of field with lush plants outside the house caught my eye, it was beautiful. Midway to the stairs, I was met by a nanny my aunt hired. She told me she was heading out for a walk and I thought I joined her. It was in the evening on my first visit to my aunt’s place. Outside my aunt’s chilled and flamboyantly dressed apartment, it was no different. The boulevard was neatly set up with shinny interlocked tiles. Flowers in forest green and lavender colours were securely partitioned which divided light into rich primary colours. Beside me was the nanny, as she quietly like an earthworm pushed my niece on a stroller. Observing the picturesque environment, the exuberance about them lingered in me due to its collected ambience of wealth. Reaching the far side of the yellow wood road, I stood motionless with mouth agape. The crystal beauty of the scenery confronted me, sent jolts of ecstasy around my nerves, behold a replica beach. The terrain was coarsely sandy; I was enthralled as I studied the long flare of waters like algebra. It was vast as that of a titanic lake. A stylishly built house overlooked the replica beach as its beauty laced with sophistication shimmered in the night sky. On the shore was heaps of white sand with a long ridge. The nanny told me that the estate was sand filled before houses were built. The waters of the replica beach shone in tints of gold and speckles of grey from the sky covered nimbus cloud, with its beckoning waves, I felt at peace with myself as the hissing of water rejuvenated my soul, relinquished the hunger I had felt and added lustre to the moment. What an amazing thing to happen, I whispered. I was totally mesmerized by the sheer exquisiteness of the never-ending waters of the replica beach. Thoughts of camping erupted in my head and between them; I was tapped by the nanny as she reminded me of the time. Her words echoed in my ear like an empty auditorium, then I realised I had been lying down on my back. As I stood up, I wished I had more time to relish my impelling fantasy.
I would take lots of compelling pictures with my camera, tell my heart-felt stories to my companion, drink wine specifically Chardonnay and camp if I have to do this again.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About exhilarating


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nigeria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.