Existing Member?

Speckkuchen (Bacon Cake!)

Sri Lanka-Scholarship-- About Me!

CANADA | Saturday, 7 March 2015 | Views [212]

I strongly believe that food is transformative and that it unifies people.

 

As a Home Economics teacher at a public high school in Canada, my mission is to bring to life the world of food, culture, and connection with my students.  I seek out opportunities to enrich my knowledge and experience so that I can consistently provide my students with exciting, real world stories, experiences and most importantly:  recipes!  As such, I would be thrilled at the opportunity to participate in the Passport to Plate Sri Lanka scholarship.

 

Having studied food, nutrition, the culinary arts, family studies and education, I come with a wealth of knowledge and skills that I am always excited to  make use of and to share .

 

My love of learning has caused me to approach new experiences, ways of living, and foods with curiosity and wonder rather than quick judgement.  I am game to try anything once and really look forward to all the culinary treats Sri Lanka has to offer!

 As a school teacher I am an experienced public speaker and am also used to being on camera for various school events and sharing my thoughts on various topics!

I am also an experienced traveler and am tri-lingual.  I have worked as a teacher in Japan and India and have also had the opportunity to travel and volunteer in many countries --as an example, I volunteered on an organic farm in Laos! 

 

My knowledge, skills and worldwide experiences along with my open and friendly personality make me a great fit for this project!

 

 

About evelyngrant


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.