Existing Member?

Ace's Adventure A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles

I could live in San Diego

USA | Tuesday, 30 March 2010 | Views [585] | Comments [1]

Goodbye San Diego

 

It is a sad day as we prepare to leave San Diego, as we pack from scratch, say our last good byes, do our washing, relive the memories as we put up our photo’s and write this journal. We have had an amazing time here, it is a beautiful city with beautiful people. I am not just talking about the bikini clad spring breakers either. The group of people who we have had the pleasure of staying and hanging out with have all been fantastic, we have had some great laughs and will definitely miss the crew, namely Matt, Pat, Jenni and Chaz…you made this time epic. Especially Matt with his generosity in hosting us, showing us around his home town, giving me a few waves and putting up with our cooking. You are welcome to call on me wherever mate.

 

We have had an awesome routine while being here in SD, days of waking up to 2 coffee’s, cranking Modern Collective (surf vid with best soundtrack), going surfing, lunch, going surfing again. Then every few days we would do something out there like the following:

 

The Flow rider: Standing wave, hard to get the hang of but so fun and enjoy the beers and the sun afterwards.

 

The tour of the midway aircraft carrier, Matts dad is a guide and gave me and Thorny the works on a private tour, making watching Top Gun again all that more special.

 

The San Diego zoo, getting sooo tired walking around to see animals sleeping, pretty sure they lie about having a kiwi in the dark room, but the panther, turantula and panda’s were cool.

 

Sailing on Matt’s family boat around the harbour was a cool day. And the bbq we had with his family at their Coronado home. Epic ribs thanks Cathy.

 

The surf trip to blacks with pat was cool, got some sweet peaks and the trek in was awesome.

 

The Beach day with the whole gang at windansea with a chilly of beers, boards and babes.

 

Playing frisbee golf, and almost beating Pat...lost by one damn it.

We also had some fun nights out in Downtown San Diego and Pacific beach, they were all fun especially when Phill Hall was around, there were some funny stories and great laughs.

 

This place, even though we were here in winter/spring had blue skies temps in the mid 20’s. The homes along the cliffs and beach suburbs are epic and it is definitely a place I could live. The Navy presence is huge with all sorts of fuel burning contraptions flying and zooming around, aswell and the Jar head navy boys. There was this one surf one evening where the waves were glassy and fun, I was out with thorny pat and Matt, and I saw all of the following out there: 3 mates, 40 Pelicans diving, 2-3 Pods of dolphins, a seal, 15 civilian planes/choppers, 4 navy choppers, some fish jumping, an epic sunset….and then I walked 5 mins back to Matts apartment. It is a pretty magical place and I am sure I will return one day, and look forward to hosting my friends from here if they are ever in NZ or wherever I may settle.

 

But for now I need to get back to Packing, I am half way thru, I will finish putting my photo’s up shortly and then we are heading downtown to get the train to LAX where we have a long flight via Florida to Costa Rica.  There we will make our way to the coast first Hermosa, to surf, see the jungle, learn Spanish, and take in a new culture. 8 Days there then to Columbia. Will update when I can…..

 

Love Ace

Tags: san diego

Comments

1

Not surprised packing's a shock bro. Did I read right? Are you actually doing washing?! LMAO

Sounds like you're having a hell of a trip. And who knew you could string a few sentences together like that - certainly none of us in the office ;)
Keep it coming :)

  FT Mar 30, 2010 6:21 AM

About evans_ace


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.