Existing Member?

The more you want, the more you think you need

Night out

ISRAEL | Monday, 12 October 2009 | Views [372] | Comments [2]

I spoke with Dani for a minute after she saw the doctor. Turns out she has malaria. She got some pills that she has to take, but I am not sure if she will be able to make the trip to Ethiopia. Either way I hope to meet up with her later. I picked up a North Face Flight Series long sleeve shirt. The only size they had was small, so I got it. I walked in the store with a short sleeve North Face shirt and North Face pants...the guy asked me if I was a walking advertisement for them! It was funny I didnt even realize that North Face were pretty much all the clothes I will be bringing to Africa. I asked the guy how much the shirt costs, as they were listed at 30 percent off. He told me 145 NIS or about 40 USD. Not too bad- got to the register and turns out they were much more. He gave me the lower price anyway, apologizing for the mistake :) Got lucky!

I then went through town and looked everywhere for some mosquito spray with at least 25 percent DEET in it. I cant find it anywhere! I will keep looking, hopefully I will find it before I fly. If not I will bring what I have and look for it in Addis Ababa. I got a tiny journal for 14 NIS and bought a cool knee-brace looking thing which is really a money holder on your leg. Dont want to get robbed!

Watched the Kansas City and Dallas Cowboys game at Blue Hole pub in town with DT, Nicky, and a new friend from their University. Crazy end of the game! Then got back, called Luc for his b-day (HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUC!) and decided to write this. I hope Dani gets better soon. More to come...

I wonder why people actually like to read about what other people are doing? Weird... I was originally thinking of keeping a journal for myself but I guess this is the best way to let people know I am safe. Nice to see people are commenting and reading all the random things I have to say! Night.

Comments

1

people dont like to read about what other people are doing. People like to read about what YOU EVAN CHARTIER are doing because you do cool things. haha. The truth comes out.

and take some cool photos for me to paint. I need material.

  Becky D Oct 12, 2009 10:07 AM

2

Ahhh Becky you are too cool thanks! I will hopefully have some amazing pictures to share with you all and it would be the bomb if you would paint something- but I want to see the paintings! What kind of stuff do you like? Landscapes? Faces? People? Let me know I will get you some stuff.

  evanchartier Oct 12, 2009 6:22 PM

About evanchartier


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Israel

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.