Existing Member?

OS_Gecko Hope to see you out there.

BA to Uruguay

URUGUAY | Tuesday, 16 June 2009 | Views [342]

16th my fellow companions and I took the 50 min ferry to Colonia. Hard trip on 2 hrs sleep after a normal night out in BA. Colonia was ok. Small, 10 mins of investigating and then a few ales in the nearest establishment. Next day travelled to Montevideo. Fortunately we mostly celebrated Harry's b'day as the highlight was an Irish bar and cocktails. Bit of history but seen so much architecture so did not enjoy MV.

5.5 hrs on the bus took us north east to Punta del Diablo. Dropped off on roadside, quick chat to a local, $150 pesos and we were in the back of his ute on the way to the coast. Amazing fishing coastal town that goes off in Summer, we had the place almost to ourselves and the locals.

Great beach line, a promontery with lighthouse and a beachside bar/resto. 2 Nights spent there then back to the cabin/townhouse then to the beach for a bonfire. The sporadic nude swim in 5 degree surf cut through the Ron Denavagante in that was in ample supply. Amazing starscape and good friends. Great time - must do (I will do again sometime).

Alas, 7.5 hours connecting buses, then 50 min ferry back to homebase, the best shower and toilet in the last 6 days and a well deserved sleep brought this chapter to a close. Well, maybe just a deferment for now. See you soon PdDiablo.

 

About evan_pritchard


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Uruguay

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.