Existing Member?

OS_Gecko Hope to see you out there.

First week

ARGENTINA | Tuesday, 3 March 2009 | Views [368] | Comments [1]

All of the spanish practice has counted for little. I have learnt more in 2 days staying with someone with v limited english than 2 months of books. Love it here. The sounds, the people, walking, subways, buses, mini buses, train-ing it, ordering food - the lot. Is great. Not intimidated by it at all. My hosts are too kind and the way people greet one another is touching to see and be a part of. Must be difficult when they come to Australia with the personal space restrictions and attitudes. Off to explore some more and see what happens next. Luego.

Comments

1

IT is different and it is difficult. It is lonely.
I remember the day we told my inlaws that I was pregnant. I couldnt believe no one was hugging me and jumping with me. I knew they were happy.
we are just different. There, sometimes is too sticky. Here sometimes is too distant. I still miss it.

Glad you are having a good time with your host. Tell them I love them. Ive known them for more than 20 years. I saw Marina and Flor since before they were born!
gaby
ps... wankers are everywhere. You will meet them. more sooner than later...

  gaby Mar 3, 2009 8:07 PM

About evan_pritchard


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.