Existing Member?

Improvized cycling around the world ²²²Cycling for Freedom, Eguality and Peace So this Planet will leave with in us²²²

How did we make it?

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 4 November 2006 | Views [511]

Yeah it's pretty crazy I know, I only dreamed it a few time but I had severe doubt of my capacity of being able to do it...but I was so charmed by this french fellow that it give me a lot a strenght and motivation to keep going, especially in New Zealand with no prior training , to loaded and very difficult little hilly roads. I cried everyday for the first 2 weeks...but I had a bigger motivation that enabled be not to give up! Plus I was 6000$ in debt when we left but I knew that if it was met to happen I would find a solution to pay of my debt. At first it was Julien's idea to go back to France on his bike, so we both the bikes in Canada and left with a working holiday visa for New Zealnd first and Australia 6months later(you know it is really easy to get) We didn't make much monney in New Zealand and we had some difficult experience even doo it is beautifull out there... Julien left 1 month on a sail boat to Darwin, Australia while I kept working trying to pay of some of my debt with the little monney from apple picking...Australia was far more lucratif for us and surprising...we first work in a cattle station in the middle of no where 800 km in the bush from the neerest little pack of houses...no body but crowded of amazing animals and nature all to our self. We were 12 to work on this farm fixing fances and me cooking, yeah you heard it right even do I am still a fanatic vegan, and Julien a carnivor I cooked them all the meat they wanted has the best that my parents tought me...and they liked it!!!!

But we still didn't quite fit in so on the first car living the outback we jumped in with the bikes tighted to the roof and left them with there prejudice to the North East on a beautifull Island called Magnetic Island. We never planed anything and even doo I was attracted to that island, Julien didn't like the name and at first didn't want to go, but after 2weeks of close decouragement we finally find everything in the same time, working days and night, and a free house. We were working for painters in the day on a building site, at night in a cabaret and little cafe, and on free days I was giving belly dancing classes. On our day off we were just bless my this bautifull Island, sleeping right in the beach to sock up the sun and nature. We happen to work with all immigrants from Liban, Syria, Iran, Irak, Egypt and Israel, but while the war was going on there, we were all gathering together on the beach front playing there traditionnal music and us belly dancing...just really awesome, then we new really we were at the right place...all we needed was to safe enough monney to travel for 1 year and pay off my debt...but that met 23000 australien. The men that lended us the house was a old retired and who recovered from a lung, and colon cancer. From a previous voyage in Thailand he surely fell in love with a 42 year old Thai women, whitch he decided to go and marry, to eventual leave in Thailand, that's when we came in, he needed us to watch is beloved dogs and house while he was arranging is noce in Thailand.4 months after is departure we notice that is house that ha was in a hyrry to sell wesn't really  well advertise by the agency and while the contract was ending we finally propose him to take over the charge of advertising and selling his house in exchange of a sale bonus, withch  he accepted very enthoussiaticly!!!Men I tell you, we were just so bless by he's generousity and everybody else on that Island, we did it we finally sold the house 2 weeks later to a malaisien women and her kiwi husband, that where totally glad to encourage this kind of underground realestates and us and it's on the day that we left that we received the suretenty that they were buying the house!!!!And we took off for Vietnam, with our bicycle, and my FREEDOM!!! 

Tags: Budgets & money

About eva-julo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.