Existing Member?

One's upon life

dreams coming ture

NORWAY | Saturday, 3 May 2014 | Views [169] | Scholarship Entry

I'll never forget the day that my aunt send me a postcard about the place she went to live there .. that time i realized that I must come out of my shell and see other countries I have never even dreamed to go to .. but that still just a dream.
?A happy surprise came to my door .. my other aunt had a free ticket to any place in the world except the countries of the American continent and give it to me .. I was so happy cause finally I got the chance to see Europe .. but I was a student in medical collage and no reason to travel abroad.
I took visiting my aunt in Norway as an excuse .. thinking that travelling is easy as long as I have tickets and money .. until i faced up the problem the most of Yemeni people - like me - crushed with it .. as a country that is so difficult to have any tourism visa especially to Europe.
I took my chance thinking that as long as I am applying right .. then I will succeed to travel to Europe .
I went back home and for the next week that i have to wait for a response from the embassy with a sweet dreams comes to me every night .. every single day a dream as am there .. suffering when I weak up until the day of the response .. I know that I had a great risk by asking such a travelling away from my family and friends just to live 10 days dream in Europe .. I was wishing to see Rome .. Paris .. Amsterdam .. and lastly my excuse Oslo in Norway where my aunt will wait me there and telling a nice stories about what I experience there .. it was a perfect vacation that i chose to do it .. the response came saying .. NO .. you will stay in this country .. forever .. forget your dream .. you have never been there .. and you will never be .. so my story was that I Struggled have a 10 days vacation in europe where actually my dream was more sensible than the cool real world that was uncooperative with my dream .. but i can say .. I lived the traveld for real .. in my dream.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About europeandreams


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.