Existing Member?

Me and Opera House

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [118] | Scholarship Entry

Wide, classy, quite and clean, my first impression as my feet step to this modern airport. But, wow, it’s cold, 10 celcius degree I supposed. Shiny swap is a beautiful scenery I admired through the taxi windows. I think it’s so cool as the taxi speed up along a bright tunnel with yellowish lamps. Finally the taxi stops in front of a building with ‘art and craft’ architecture style. Yeah, that is the backpacker hostel where I stay. The situation is so warm, full of youths. They look so independent and happy.
There is a place I always had in mind. I was eager to visit it. I’m sure, it’s not only me but most people come to this city intend to see it. An expressionist style of a building, the biggest opera building in the world. It has become the icon of this city. Handling a pocket map, I tried to reach that place.
After having lunch in an Asian Restaurant with Western portion, in China Town, I asked someone for a bus to take me to that building. He seemed confused. Ow, he's also a tourist like me. At that moment, a few local people who paid attention to me, helped me to explain the route. I felt they were so friendly and showed their care to tourists like me who visit their city. What a very good impression.
The bus stop nearby. The bus come and speed up directly. Seems in a hurry but it is a form of time discipline. In the bus, once more I was helped by a local woman who told me the last stop is Circular Quay. I could see the Opera building clearly here, make me impatient to step my feet there. Many people running be my guide to reach that place. How glad I am. Opera House, that I used to watch in television, “I’m here”, I screamed. Many visitors, local as well as foreigners. Local people are proud of this icon. I felt so little standing under this huge building. I stunned at the shining sun which framing the harbor bridge from where I was standing. Strong wind was flapping the country flag on the top of the bridge, the Australian flag. Sydney, I love it very much.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About euntheexplorer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.