Existing Member?

Nature Does Not Lie To You!

Stars at your feet

PAKISTAN | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [221] | Scholarship Entry

Nature, in all its magnificence and quality just revives me and never neglects to astound me. It has a tranquil impact on my body and soul. And then there are certain moments in your life which turns your whole world upside down and let you perceive life differently.
When I think back to my tour to Kashmir, I get transfixed by the mesmerizing beauty of the images my brain captured from that beautiful past.
One of the things I have learnt is that just set on an adventure like a vagabond and let your instinct takes you to the ultimate destination. I remember when we planned a hiking trip through the curvy track of majestic Kashmir Mountains. When it started to get dark, I noticed the exceptionally beautiful colors in the sky. It seemed like someone had done an abstract art on the sky so fine-looking that I could not take my eyes off the horizon. My squad was busy gossiping and laughing while I was hypnotized by the view. When my eye turned down towards the valley, the view was even more splendid as the whole ground was sprayed with stars. There were little lights lit at the base; they looked like small shining stars. That was the moment when I was utterly fascinated to see that impressive view. It looked like someone turned the earth upside down; I was lingering at the lane of sky while the different shades of ground enveloped my being from above.
I sat there still completely lost when my whole life started to play like a film in front of my eyes. My regrets, my passion, my mistakes started dancing on the sweet melody that sight was playing in my mind. It made me feel great inside and at the same time little, when I stared at the genuine excellence of nature. The moon was shining right in the middle of the flowing river and looked conceited.
That condescending scene, revealed to me that I was so little in this universe, and I began to ponder, what excellent things are yet obscured to my eye. I felt invigorated and felt as if I was just reestablished. It proved me that nature is genuine, and peaceful. It doesn't deceive you!
Suddenly, I felt a great thrust from behind as if my soul, which was wandering in paradise, has just come back to my body. There behind my friends were yelling at me to have been lost.
‘Lost’!
This word echoed in my mind and it felt like I found a new meaning to my life. Who else could have felt the pleasure of sitting on a starry sky being bathed in several shades of sky. How naïve were those who had eyes but could not see?

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About eternity


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.