Existing Member?

My Travel Adventures

Wild and Sexy Scotland

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 24 July 2013 | Views [259]

So I have just spent the most amazing week in Edinburgh! First few days were spent with my good friend Hannah exploring Edinburgh - walking the Royal Mile, taking advantage of the free walking tour, learning where the term 'shit-faced' comes from, getting 'shit-faced', picnics, girl time, castle visits, mountain hikes and overall just enjoying this absolutely amazing city!
 
I then embarked on a 5 day 'wild and sexy' Haggis Adventure tour. With a crazy (in a completely awesome way) woman tour guide and some awesome people (and a certain quota of weirdos) these past 5 days have been fabulous! Lowlands to Highlands - we trekked, we laughed, we ate, we listened, we learned, we discovered, we tried new things and we made new friends! Oh, we also drank! I tried the national drink and food - whiskey and haggis!
 
The Scottish Highlands are amazing. I have serious, as they call it here, DSL (Deep Scottish Love). I was able to drink water straight from fresh waterfalls - despite accidentally falling into said waterfalls! Men in kilts is a common thing. Bagpipes even more so. The Wee People (fairies) of the Isle of Skye are a real thing and are going to grant my wish!
 
AND.......... I am now a true believer in Nessie!! Maybe not the Nessie as we know her but I have no doubt that there is most definitely creatures, huge and fast, living in Loch Ness! Amazing and incredible... I was speechless after seeing the evidence! Come to Loch Ness, Scotland to discover more!!
 
Tomorrow off to Germany!!!

About etak91


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.