Existing Member?

Comeon-Pancha A journey accross europe on bike,towing a trailer,carrying my dog,Pancha,following the old pilgrim's route to Santiago de Compostela.

I got there.Yes I did.

SPAIN | Wednesday, 31 October 2007 | Views [654] | Comments [1]

Well then,after just over a month,and over 2000 km on bike with the dog on tow(that's 70kg of luggage,dog and trailer,plus food,plus bike,plus me),I got to Santiago's cathedral the 26th of october,10 minutes before the pilgrims office was closed for the day(21:00).It was a very emotional moment and I did cry a bit.I saw many cathedrals on the way and I didn't think Santiago's was going to impress me much,but it did.They have pretty good light effects all arounhd the building and plaza.Pancha didn't show much emotion,but it's understandable after sitting in her trailer for so long. There's so much to tell that I don't think I'll ever finish this journal.But hopefully some story will be told by the pictures and videos,although the camera missed a lot of the best things on the journey,due to many reasons,such as the need of two hands to ride a bike safely,the annoyance of stopping halfway through an uphill climb to take a photo,and well,I decided to do this journey again either without the bike or without the dog,thus having more time to explore the interesting places and sights. Oh yes,I will go back and do it again,but with some changes....

Tags: Adventures

 

Comments

1

YYooooo

I hear you man! It would take about 2 books to detail all we see on the road. How are you and Pancha? It was great riding w both of you and quite exciting to see you go around that round-about on full speed, dragging the trailer side-ways...That might have sometinhg to do with the fact she didn´t show much emotion on arrival: SHOCKED still!
Great to meet you bro. Keep in touch. I´m now in Brasil planning some kind of ride on the region.
Later

  mutt Nov 27, 2007 12:11 AM

About esk0r

I don't mind the cold,but didn't expect minus six in spain this time o'year!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.