Existing Member?

Estonian Nights

Scandalous

ESTONIA | Tuesday, 25 August 2015 | Views [247] | Scholarship Entry

I have been traveling since 2004 when I was selected to attend web design school in Odense, Denmark. A few years later and a few trips here and there the next thing I knew I was in Estonia attending the Baltic Film school for one year. I have a degree in TV Production and a few years working in the film and TV industry mainly with the camera for the past few. My main goal in life is to be a cinematographer in the film industry. Thus far I have been able to work my way up from Production Assistance work to Camera Operator on non-union productions.

I feel as though I'd be a good selection based on the fact that I have lived in other countries and know what to expect when it comes to dealing with other cultures and people in general. I've worked numerous jobs that have delt with customer service so in times of distress and chaos I can remain calmer than others. My main focus of winning this scholarship is to show my talents as a film maker not only through narrative work but documentary work as well. This scholarship would give me the opportunity to showcase my skills and put them to good use. I have never been to Colombia and I feel like I'd really like the place. It would be a stark contrast to Northern Europe which I am more accustomed to than other parts of the world.

Winning this scholarship would also open my eyes to a whole other culture that I have not been exposed to and at this point in my life stepping out of my comfort zone is exactly what I need.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About escoemartinez


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Estonia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.