Existing Member?

Our Trip We've left our jobs as banker and teacher in order to see the Southern Hemisphere. Why not?

Peter and Shopping, Hoi An

VIETNAM | Monday, 9 March 2009 | Views [532]

Pulling into the small town of Hoi An, I could tell I was more excited than Erin.  I had been looking forward to this stop since we left The States back in September.  A city revolving completely around Tailor Made clothing!  Alright, I know, it is lame, but you try being 6'2" 220 pounds your whole life and find clothing that fits well.


Our buddy Hom from Hue hooked us up with a good tailor and after finding a hotel and lunch it was our first stop.  On the walk to the shop we ran into a guy we had met in Ha Long Bay.  This particular gentlemen was wearing purple shoes with a matching purple V-neck, he also complained to me on the boat in Ha Long bay that the weather in Asia was awful for his hair (just to paint a picture).  We told him where we were going and he replied "Oh, they're great, I bought loads of clothing from them, I even had to buy a new suit case!"  I knew I was on the right track at this point.  We went to the the tailor and started looking through magazines.  I really wanted to get a suit that Brad Pitt wears, but I settled for an Armani.  I also had some pants made and a shirt.  I was pumped trying on my new clothes, and considering I have been wearing the same thing for the past 5 months, it felt great to put on some nice clothing.  I also picked up two pairs of leather shoes (one casual and one dress).  Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure Erin bought something too.

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.