Existing Member?

The instances i caught the opposing sides of a city in the making.

The EuroMast

NIGERIA | Friday, 29 September 2017 | Views [389]

The EuroMast

The EuroMast

Taking a Peek

The EuroMast was a dream i never had. I did not know about it until my trip to the Netherlands. Originally, the location city of the mast is not a common place like Amsterdam. 

The EuroMast is a spectacle but the most interesting thing is the people. They are warm and gentle. Rotterdam is a fine city but it was a bit surprising to find them warm and cool. The EuroMast towers a whooping 185meters above the city with great views of a tunnel road, the old port and waterways. There are restuarants and stops in the structure to ensure you have more fun.

I took a train from Amersfoort to Rotterdam (good to have some personal savings). At the train station (Rotterdam Centraal), i was a bit lost. I have heard of the City of Rotterdam some twenty years ago. It was a fulfilled dream to walk the streets but i felt something is amiss. So i stepped back in the station and ask the a station attendant what is the most iconic sight in the city. She mentioned without a wink "The EuroMast! it is not far away from here. You can ride in the tram". She continued "Let me show you" She pulled out a map and pointed at the location.

10 minutes later, i was at the tram stop close to the train station and waited patiently to get a ride.

Please note i cannot remember the stop for EuroMast but it is quite easy if you ask the station attendant in the tourist stand. You will need a few euros for a the tram and about 10 euros to climb the EuroMast.

The warm people are just nice. I could not pay by credit card or any card for the matter so i simply asked a couple if they could pay on my behalf and i will give them cash. They agreed with huge smiles.

During winter it is chilly at the top (the first landing) and the highest you can go is on the "rotating donut shaped" structure. It gives a 360 degree view of the city.

It was a blockbuster experience, i finished it up with some Chinese food and a good soda drink. I employ everyone to create some time and have some fun at the EuroMast.

 

 

Tags: amsterdam, city, dutch, euromast, high structure, holland, netherlands, parks, rotterdam, sight seeing

 

About erikowatuoyo

Reel at the eel...this eel decided to be a Leopard at the world largest aquarium

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nigeria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.