Existing Member?

The Travelling Gran!!! The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine

Departing T'Ville

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 18 December 2007 | Views [605]

My family was farewelled from the townsville airport by Alex, Annabel, Brenda, Cynthia, Jacques, Karen, Raphael, Eva, Annette and Steve which was really nice. We were in Brisbane for about 20mins and in that time i saw Damien Leith (australian idol irish dude) with his wife and two kids which was kind of cool. We jumped on the plane to melbourne and i just slept the whole way. melbourne was really cold when we arrived and the weather is still cold - about 17 deg. I look quite out of place walking down the street in a jumper and long pants when everyone else is wearing summer dresses and thongs. Geelong hasn't changed much. it is actually quite a funky and hip place in some parts. pakington street is nice and there are endless chic cafes and restaurants. Darcy arrived yeaterday and was happy to see us after a week in a kennel in melb. the car is coming now and apart from that nothing much is happening. oh apart from my cute little grandpa saying "can i have a ciggie love?" haha. we're going to melbourne for shopping on thurs i think so that will be fun. beach looks freezing but i'll go down this arvo for a walk. keep in touch. i'll keep posting stories about what's happening.

love always erica xo

Tags: Relaxation

 

About erica_kennedy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.