Existing Member?

Train Travels An attempt to travel back from Japan to the UK without boarding a plane..

UB

MONGOLIA | Wednesday, 11 June 2008 | Views [513] | Comments [2]

Not up to date with my blogging, but just to let you all know that I arrived in Ulan Batuar, Mongolia at lunch time today.  Am organising a trip to the Gobi desert, then up to some lakes and national parks in central and northern Mongolia.   Think we have jeep and driver, so just got to sort the details then go food and water shopping.  If all goes well will be off in the morning.

Will be away for up to 18 days.  During this time will have access to electricity twice, but dont expect to find internet, so will catch up after.  Am getting train to Irkutsk, Russia as soon as I get back, then will be camping by lake for two weeks (ie no internet etc).  Hopefull I'll jump on the internet before the lake, but if not you'll hear from me mid July!

 

Comments

1

I am glad to hear that you have got great fun on your journey. It sounds like you will be away from the modern communication technology for a month or so, but I bet you will have an excellent experience.

My Dad came to my place and stayed with me for last two nights. He was excited to hear that you have visited many places in China. He said that he had itchy feet. Well so do I!!

I will write to you when I move back to my parents. Have a good adventure.

Masa

  Masa Jun 12, 2008 9:57 AM

2

Hey Eri,

Reading about your travel, I have the same itchy feet as Masa---but I will enjoy the travel bug through your blog, eh. I have been doing a bit of traveling too, though---but only between my in-laws in Aichi (where Naoko and Tomo are) and Komoro. Our baby is due on Monday and am getting a whole mix of excitement, nervousness and happiness. I will head down today for at least a week.

Continue to have fun, eh, Dennis

  Dennis Jun 13, 2008 7:26 AM

About eri


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mongolia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.