Existing Member?

Per astera ad astra

My journey thought the time

UKRAINE | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [132] | Scholarship Entry

Summer leaves warmest memories in everyone's hearts. And not only because of the scorching heat ... And also because many impressions of summer you can scroll like a film in memory during winter evenings...
Summer may be unique. If you travel not only in space, leaving from point A to point B, but thought time ... You say it's impossible, don't you? So... Welcome to the history. Let's go to adventure summer in my hot tracks.
Fortress Medzhybizh opens its heart for those, who decided to join the mysterious ancient event, leaving all daily cares aside. Medieval alignment, all the best knights in costumes, listen to the orders of their commanders, and go to do them. Over the 800 years the fortress Medzhybizh does not changed so much...
Thundering fanfare, the battlefield is calling ... Compete brave warriors for the honor of the state, the lady of the heart, for the important behaviors that he cannot avoid a fight. And here difficult armor (35 kg each), like a bolt from the summer sky, drizzling in hot and fierce battle, reflect the rays of light, and sprang from the enemy in hertz, mighty knights Strike - one after another - until the field will be left be worthy - the last soldier!
Ladies and Gentlemen: to the left of you - XXI century, right - XIV. And now ... the competition started efforts for the efforts and present wins - dragging a rope with a good dozen huge knights. In his defense "warriors of antiquity" said their shoes of XIV century cannot compete with boots of XXI century. And that summed it.
The festival held a contest medieval costume. And it crowd had the opportunity to know the real intricacies of medieval clothing, which ideally should be sewn from natural homespun fabric, pattern for 600 years ago.
Participants of the festival lived in a tent camp near the fortress Medzhybizh, and even in the newly renovated tower. Everybody tried to do without modern things. Environment, food, drinks, fun - all in the best traditions of chivalry.
And at the end of show girls appeared fakirs who as a white fluffy kitten played with steel claws burning, courageous boys swallowed fire, and then released into the sky its huge flaming tongues.
The holiday did not want to go over, delayed after midnight. The long night is worth wandering court Medzhybizh ancient castle, just as if resurrected from centuries. For me it is a chance to get into a story of the past.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About erbe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ukraine

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.