Existing Member?

A story of a great mind

The liberation of the country

SOUTH AFRICA | Tuesday, 13 May 2014 | Views [256] | Scholarship Entry

I'll never forget the day South Africa got its liberation, that enabled every individual to speak and be heard by a constitution that overlooked indifference in all colours that man come in.
The beauty of this country allows us all to express ourselves in the very manner that we chose to be heard in with being judged by anyone.
I'll never forget the day the political prisoners returned to their households to become the heads of their family, to teach their children the importance of life and the beauty of the history of South Africa.
I come from a rural area in the province of Mpumalanga, a daughter of a man who has made himself something significant in our small environment. The beauty of exploration and finding out is a value that was instilled in me as a child, hence the reason for my curiosity, i believe in telling a story by looking into a child's eyes by reading their emotions, by understanding the way they look.
The beauty of the Nkomazi river, has been a source of inspiration to many people of Nkomazi to build a better home for themselves and their children.
I'll never forget the day I left South Africa for the first time to neighboring country Mozambique, it was a feeling beyond expression to be exposed to so much beauty that was almost shed due to the indifference of the skin colour of another individual. Our country is beautiful, the diversity in colour, the culture and the creativity in our fellow young individuals. We have been given the jurisdiction, to be different, to be playful to be artistic.
I'll never forget the day that i began writing, I was told to write what I like, I was told BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL.
South Africa is a land soaring with possibilities, full of opportunities that enable us as fellow citizens to see beyond the universe, we do only live once... but when done right once is just enough to live and explore the beauty of this planet. To learn the cultures of other people, from Asia to Hawaii, to interact with other young individuals who share the same dream of life and nature.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About epiphany


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.