Existing Member?

FILM MAKING ALL I WANT TO DO IS WRITE, SHOOT AND EDIT

ADMISSION

GHANA | Saturday, 3 May 2014 | Views [177] | Scholarship Entry

I'll never forget that day that I had a call from the National Film and Television Institute her in Ghana that I have been short-listed and was supposed to come for an interview the following week. It was a dream come true since I had the chance to enter into film making which I didn't hesitate since I had earlier wanted to study medicine and tried but was not successful so I joyfully had the chance to work with Ghanaian Hollywood film director, Leila Djansi for two years in the camera department. She was the one who advised that if I really wanted to go to film school then I should apply to the National Film and Television Institute where she had been an old student. The time came for the interview and I went with full confident and upon reaching the room where the interviewee's where sitting my heart beat for a while but I still sat down in patience. everybody was been called one after the other till it got to my turn and upon reaching the interview room and met the panellist my heart beat like never before. did not know where the courage was from but i answered each and ever question smoothly and they were surprised i had worked with film director Leila Djansi for two years and was also an old student so there was clear evidence that i could get admission.the interview was over and i left that i would hear from them. Days went by and by but still didn't hear from them but rumours were that the admission list were out and admitted student had started paying their school fees. I was shivering like i had malaria for two months. I could not eat nor drink anything because i had not heard from them and i assumed the rumour was true. I took my mobile phone and tried to call the school to find out if the rumours going round were true. To my uttermost surprise it was really and clearly true. I told them i didn't receive any call from them neither have i received any admission letter. the lady asked of my name and i asked that i should hold on so i did patiently. The greatest surprise came in my life when she came back to tell me that i had been admitted that my letter had been lying there for two weeks because they keep calling the number i had given them but all to no avail.
The rate at which i took to get to the school for my admission letter was as fast as compared to a cheater or jaguar. I returned the letter to my guardian and all and sundry were very happy to hear the news. I was given the entire admission fee and tuition fee so i left to the school.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About environment2012


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ghana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.