Existing Member?

La Dolce Vita

Bergamo/Genova

ITALY | Tuesday, 1 April 2008 | Views [864]

After a few weekends of big trips, I decided to take it easy for the first part of spring break and just relax. Friday I went to a house party that one of my friends had-tons of fun! Saturday and Sunday I just chilled at the apartment to recover from said party (plus, everything was closed on Sunday because of Easter, so I didn’t have much choice!). My friend Tania came over and made us some delicious Russian soup on Sunday, so in return, I made her some mac and cheese that my mom had sent me. Her reaction was priceless- she thought it was the best thing ever and was already asking me to send some to her when she gets back to Russia!

On Monday, Tania, Jess and I took a trip to Bergamo, which is a little town about an hour outside of Milan. It was so cute! There is a newer part of the city at the base of a hill, and the old Venetian city (citta’ alta) is on the hill, with the old wall still going around it. We didn’t do much in Bergamo, just wandered through the cute old cobblestone streets, and enjoyed the views of the mountains and the city below.

On Wednesday, the three of us went to Genova for a few hours.  The weather was beautiful, so we had lunch outside at a little restaurant on the harbor (delicious pesto and tiramisu!). Then we walked down the harbor a bit and went to the aquarium. It was definitely not the Shed Aquarium, but fun anyway. After the aquarium, we just walked around a bit more, sat by the water, and enjoyed the beautiful weather before heading back to the train station to make it home in time to go out J

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.