Existing Member?

La Dolce Vita

Versace, Valentino, and Gucci-oh my!

ITALY | Sunday, 27 January 2008 | Views [794] | Comments [1]

Still no apartment...we met up with Tony yesterday and tried to go to an agency, but they were only open if you had an appointment. We also tried to find a new phone, but all the systems were down. Mamma mia!! Hopefully we will have better luck tomorrow.

Since we had nothing else to do yesterday, we went shopping! We started out on Corso Buenos Aires, walked to the Giardini Pubblici, and sat outside near a fountain, enjoying the (relatively) warm weather. We continued on to Via della Spiga and Via Monte Napoletane, which is where all of the designers like Gucci, Versace, Valentino, and Dolce and Gabbana have their shops. We definitley couldn't afford anything, but we had fun looking! We also visited la Rinascente, which is a huge designer department store. It was super crowded because of the January sales, and we couldn't afford anything, so we left quickly. We decided to go inside the Duomo, and it was amazing! Everything was huge-the poles, the ceiling, the number of pews, the windows, it was quite impressive. After all of our walking, we were quite tired, so we took the metro back to the hotel, and enjoyed a feast of bread, cheese, salami and cheap wine :)

Everything is closed here on Sundays, so we slept well into the afternoon to catch up on our sleep before finally venturing out for some food. We were only able to find one pizza place, but it was pretty delicious.

One thing I've noticed in Milan is that there are no rules concerning driving or parking. We drove around with Tony yesterday, and it was quite an experience. People park wherever they can find a place-sidewalks, medians, crosswalks, even the middle of the road. People also drive wherever they want at any speed. If you don't feel like waiting in a line of cars to turn, go around them! I don't think I would ever be brave enough to drive here!

Tags: Shopping

Comments

1

Erin,

Glad you made it safely and are having a good time! I'm sure you'll find an apartment soon. Milan sounds like a neat place.

Looking forward to more updates!

Sarah

  Sarah Seiberlich Jan 28, 2008 7:31 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.