Existing Member?

It's about what I see, and what I feel, it's about journeys Left a Memory must share It with you

Land of gold

EGYPT | Sunday, 11 May 2014 | Views [234] | Scholarship Entry

On my way to the Egyptian Nuba area or land of gold As they call it there, in a company of my Nubian friend Hmza to attend a wedding of his relatives. Nuba is located on the borders of Sudan. I saw the high dam , which was originally the home of the Nubians , I was impressed by the Hills Scattered around the dessert road that Carved by wind.

We arrived the wedding house at night. Almost everyone there was competing for welcoming us. Men dressed in white clothes and women wear loose-fitting clothes in bright colors and their hands decorated with tattooed. The house was small simple -made studded with many engravings and lines bobble overcome them the Colors red and blue, located beside the Nile river.

the wedding was filled with musical rhythms that permeated inside the nerves of my ears results movements consistent with the African Nubian dance. I pondered the couple to find that the bride is still a child at the age of fifteen , she was crying without tears, signs of grief and disconcerting sweeping her face , she Deposited her teenage today.

All of the attendees stood in activity and happiness to Start their inherited dance, in which everyone wraps around each other in a circle and then their body movements elaborate firmly in tune with the rhythms of the music emerging from performers tambourines and the singer who dressed in robe with white Turban and used heritage Nubian language, then the Attendees echoing behind him, after that they inserted the bride inside the circle and she has reviewed her charms in front of her husband and the audience .

Hmza told me when he saw me Consistent with the event , It's called " Alergid " It's a genuine Nubian dance, it is an expression about Nubian authentic cohesion with each other in joy and sorrow, they practice it on all occasions and the most important detail in it that they all wrap in a circle to remind them that this circle will never be separated until death.

Hmza took me to join the celebration, I felt intense orgasm during the joining of the large ring, then an elderly lady stood and took the couple to wash their faces with Nile water to protect them from evil spirits for a lasting and happy marriage.

I pondered happiness and pleasure which surrounding them, and I wonder how their laughter glisten high Amid this number of problems they face especially the Attempt of blur their identity, It is the " Alergid ", the cohesion between them and their identity.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About endless-memories


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.