Existing Member?

Erica's Travel Adventures

Guatemala City Round 2

GUATEMALA | Tuesday, 8 January 2013 | Views [274]

Between the beach and beginning my volunteer I had 5 nights in Guatemala City with the Farchis.  We had a lot of time to relax, watch movies, sleep, and read.  It was a lot like the beach minus the beach part.  Wednesday we went to lunch and then dropped Cara off at the airport.  Thursday we took Dani to the doctor, and he told her she could walk without the boot on her foot (woohoo!).  Friday we repeated our lounging around and then took Dani to physical therapy.  After, Oshi, Dani and I sat at a coffee shop and had drinks.  I got a Chai tea frappe, which was very delicious!  Then we went with the whole family to Shabbat services and dinner.  They showed me all around the entire Jewish Community Center, and it was so cool to see where Dani and Ari have grown up and have had so many great memories.  Ofe, another camper from this summer, and her family were also there so I finally got to see her (her family took a trip to Rio Dulce the day after I arrived in Guatemala).  We had a nice service with hardly any people; even the rabbi wasn’t there because he was in the U.S. for his son’s wedding.  Dinner was also really good!  Saturday we went to see The Life of Pi at a really nice movie theater with huge, comfortable chairs (in English with Spanish subtitles).  It was nice to have some good, quality time with my new Guatemalan family before I left for Antigua.       

About emsussman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.