Existing Member?

Emptiness

Emptiness...

TUNISIA | Friday, 2 May 2014 | Views [149] | Scholarship Entry

This is the story of a Tunisian girl who is discovering her own country : I always had this feeling like I had a hole in my heard , Something missing like I lost a part of myself: this emptiness must be filled . I was this girl who never knew her country and i was always been a witness of the change around me not a part of this change. After the Revolution of January 2011, It was the time to make resolutions : Travelling in my own country : I started this trip by going to a magnificent seaside city "Kelibia" with its beautiful azure beach . I will never forget this scene when I swam in the sea and I contemplated the tower on the hill : I felt like a part of this emptiness was filled . After that, I went to Kerkuane: This city was located 12 km north of Kelibia and 125 km from Tunis it 's one of the most beautiful ruins of Tunisia, located on the eastern coast of Cap Bon. I felt like I was taking a trip back in time and I imagined my ancestors building this city so it was like finding a little pieces of myself: finding one of the missing puzzle pieces of my identity .The city that I visited after that was zaghouan and more precisely a city called Zriba el oulya . It was quite an experience .With this beautiful landscape : Between the hills there was Berber village : I never knew if I had Berber origins or not but I wanted someone to tell me that my ancestors was Berber because I always felt a connection with this community .When I was a little girl , One of my teachers taught us two words in Berber language , I was so happy and I repeated these words in my mind to not forget them . Maybe I will know my true origins, but I know that I’m a real Tunisian girl who loves his country more than everything and she wants to know more about this unique country to fill this emptiness.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About emptiness


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tunisia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.