Existing Member?

Taking Thailand-My Life Abroad "It's about the journey, not the destination."

How About Thailand?

USA | Thursday, 24 September 2015 | Views [115]

Where to begin...in early July I decided I was becoming bored with the same routine, same scenery, typical repetition of the same weekend I had previously experienced just one week earlier, and I was itching for something new. If you know me you know I have a very serious condition: Travel Addiction! I pondered the thought of moving back to the beautiful mountains of Colorado or the perfect sandy beaches of Maui, however this time I felt like I wanted to do it big, REAL BIG. This is where it gets interesting… I have never ever not even once been out of the country.
I sat down one night and just started researching safe places for females travelers, and all child related jobs. This is when I discovered Thailand and the need for English speaking teachers. I quickly began researching companies, schools, areas of the country, and how quickly I could make a move. After many hours of phone and Skype interviews at all hours, mostly extremely early and super late, I had about a dozen offers. I was blown away at how excited they were about a Native English speaking woman with an Education degree. Narrowing down options was easy once I decided that Bangkok was the next place I wanted to call home. FUN Language is the company I will be working for, I felt comfortable during all interviews and knew they had a strong support system for immigrants. I signed a contract August 4th and here I am about to leave my cute little Italian apartment in St. Louis and head off for what I hope is the adventure of a lifetime in the capital city of Bangkok!

 

About emmathenomad


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.