Existing Member?

In the streets of Kampala

Learn New Skills - Boda boda, King of Kampala

UGANDA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [918] | Scholarship Entry

Everyday, walking out of our house in Kampala, Uganda, we meet them. Always friendly and smiling, they take us to the four corners of the city on their motorcycle. We wanted to exchange these quick meetings for a real encounter. That's why we sat behind their bodas, stopped at their stage. Even if the communication was made difficult because of the language barrier, it was a moment full of laughs. Through their work, we could really get to know them. But we did not want to focus the whole video on my learning of the skill, it was important for us to share the city's vibe, the environment in which the boda bodas live.

We are a French-French Canadian duo that have been working abroad together for about a year. Freshly graduated in journalism, we left for Ethiopia to live the freelance experience. Traveling around the country in search of the best images, we shared an incredible amount of beautiful experiences and fell in love with the camera.

We dream to keep exploring the world shooting travel movies and documentaries. Winning the scholarship would be a unique opportunity to improve our film shooting skills.
And what better classroom than Mardi Gras!

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About emmanuelaimie


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Uganda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.