Existing Member?

World Stuff

Leaving feels different every time

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 6 May 2012 | Views [296]

My departure for London is one week from today. My blogging credentials are heavily laced with a hint of unreliability - so do not expect much from me. In fact, there is a high probability that this will be my first and last entry. But against these odds I will take the plunge.

Every time I farewell home and those that I love, it feels different. There is always sadness but the depth of emotion is intrinsically linked to the length of time one is expected to stay abroad. This time it is supposedly 2 years. Last time I said that I came home after 6ish months of travel. It is fair to say however that I had not anticipated my involvement in a black jack poker scam and a devastating $7000 loss leading to my early return - which demonstrates perfectly that there is no point in locking in times and dates. 

In saying that, I have planned a roughly sketched trip this time, that is open to the inevitability of destiny. So let's see what the winds in the northern hemisphere bring...

About emmagoltz


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.