Existing Member?

Waiting to fall in love..

love is travel right?

USA | Thursday, 17 April 2014 | Views [144] | Scholarship Entry

Hey, inexperienced traveler here. I’m just one of those people who is dying to see the world and will do anything and everything to follow that dream. Normally this entry would be about the time I explored a beautiful country and came back a changed young woman, but this one isn't. The problem is I haven't seen out of the United States minus a couple of family vacations to Mexico when I was younger. But let me tell you, I have the desire to travel the world. Scratch that, the NEED to. It's sort of similar to when you crave chocolate during that time of the month. But it is a constant craving, lusting, and yearning to see what lies outside my bubble otherwise known as the US. I have come to really appreciate my surroundings and can see the beauty of what I already have. But I also go on the Internet and can see other people's photographs of what the rest of the world has to offer and my jaw drops. Travel is super expensive, otherwise I would obviously be fulfilling my dreams already. Have I mentioned that I am a college student? Well I am, and that plays a pretty big factor into this. People are constantly telling me I am about to enter the real world, in about two years time, and I don't really know what that holds for me. I am pursuing a degree in Journalism, Strategic Communications to be exact with a creative writing minor. My love for words has brought me this far. Now I am trying to see where it is about to take me. I am not the most confident writer but enjoy it too much to let it go. Sometimes I find myself lacking real experience to draw on. And of course we all know that world travel makes for pretty great stories. I admire bloggers and follow a couple of them weekly and wait for the next time they upload. I want to be them, but what is so special about what I have to offer? I have a very vivid imagination but that can only take me so far, I want real imagery and real emotions to back up my stories. So what am I really saying here? I want to travel so badly, so so so badly. Then I could replace this little box with the most exciting story about the time I traveled to Europe and was mentored by amazing writers. Help me out?
Sincerely,
A very travel hungry girl

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About emmaelizabethwalsh


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.