Existing Member?

Our Adventures

Last days in Hoi An

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 20 January 2015 | Views [374]

After placing our clothing orders on our arrival here we had 3 full days before our next move.  We spent the following day exploring the old town a bit more and went back to our tailors for our 1st fitting.  We both left the tailors having ordered a few more items of clothing!!! The next morning we had booked a cooking course but unfortunately had to cancel as Emma was ill, we spent the day doing not much at all, Emma made it through the last fitting in the afternoon and our tailor had our clothes delivered to our hotel (the one and only time we will ever be able to say that!!). We slowly made our way back to the hotel and that was enough for Emma for 1 day so In the evening I took a little stroll on my own to an Indian restaurant I had noticed advertised on our map which was very nice....along with my first glass of red wine, very nice - apart from Emma not joining me. 

The next day, which was our last here Emma was feeling better and we agreed to take a slow cycle to the beach. Luckily the road was as we were told: flat and only a 20 minutes cycle.  The sea was rougher than I had expected and actually a bit chilly!!  We walked along the beach to find a quiet spot and chilled there for an hour or 2 - no swim though (it is much cooler here than anywhere we've been so far, so not quite so inviting). After cycling back late afternoon we wondered into town and had a little boat ride along the river by a lady with a Greenland style paddle (well more of a Greenland oar!)- Emma and I couldn't resist having a little go and luckily didn't manage to crash or capsize us!! On our paddle back we saw 1 of their big fishing nets being winched up from under the river - no fish, so it was returned back down! We later strolled back for an early night and organised bags ready for our onward journey to Hue via train.

About emmaandsarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.