Existing Member?

Our Adventures

....and then we had food poisoning!!

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 1 January 2015 | Views [498]

The next day following on from the terrifying boat trip we decided to chill, have a swim in our hotels pool and make a new plan for the new year. After deciding to spend new year in a town called kampot & sorting accommodation we walked towards town for food and booked our bus ticket to Kampot - 2 hours east of where we were for 4 days time. We stepped back out into town and Emma said 'Do you mind if we go back to the hotel?', straight away I agreed (normally a good move anyway!) As I had started to feel dodgy.  As we walked back we realised both of us were suddenly not feeling good at all.  Luckily we made it back to our room in time and without going into too much detail we both were emptying our entire digestive system and all the bile we had in us over the next 12 hours.....and somehow almost managed to do this alternating toilet use!!!!  I have never felt so bad!!! 

We realised this wasn't just an upset tummy and when we started to keep down water we started to take antibiotics that we brought with us for bacterial gut infections.  Over the next 3 days (over Christmas) all we could do was lay in bed, try and hydrate on nasty rehydration sachets and slowly started to eat little bits of food. Also, luckily we had a tv and I found a channel & we watched the last 1/2 of frozen which cheered us both up 😉 - simple things!!!

In a way we were lucky to have been where we were: a clean hotel with all the toilet facilities we needed and staff that brought us water, coke, food and toilet roll!!! 

The morning our bus picked us up we were just starting to feel normal, we had a bit of energy and were safe to travel!!!!!

 

With no good memories and no photos we left sihanoukville or shitty-Nouk-Ville as we had named it, ready for a fresh start.

About emmaandsarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.