Existing Member?

Our Adventures

A local market, tribal village, flight to Yangon and treat at The Strand!!

MYANMAR | Friday, 5 December 2014 | Views [269]

We walked to the locals market in the morning where they were selling everything, from scrubbing brushes to live meal worms, dried frogs, fish piled up still alive with their gills and mouths still going, samurai style handmade swords to fruit, clothing and jewellery.......Emma bought some soya milk!.......happy purchase!!!!

We went on to see some local blacksmiths at work making swords and knives, then another bumpy bus ride and short 5 minute walk to a more well visited village, probably due to its accessibility (for get on the bus, get off the bus tourists). This became more obvious, the kids were a lot more confident with us around, if not a bit too cheeky and the older tribal women are very insistent on selling their necklaces...... I caved in the end if anything to stop it, but they shook my hand and were happy.

Then flight back to Yangon.....with 2 stops on the way at Mandalay and Heho....extra take offs and landings!!!!  We arrived back to our original hotel then final meal out with our EXPLORE group, where we presented Ei with her guide tip.  Then Rachel and Jo treated us to a late visit to The Strand- a renowned colonial hotel and bar.....very posh!  We were the only customers at the bar and had a few farewell cocktails!!! Amazing!!!!!

About emmaandsarah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Myanmar

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.