Existing Member?

Emily's Journal

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 28 July 2010 | Views [342] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

Saturday Morning was inspired by everyday people who get out and surf each weekend. In a culture that is hard to define and separate from other western cultures, my biggest hurdle was trying to find the powerful story in this everyday Australian practice. In the planning stages I overcame this and when I created a treatment and list of shot ideas I then accepted my instincts. Surfing is a raw sport that allows those who get involved to stop and appreciate the world around them. The resulting discovery in the film helped me understand that the landscape we’ve been given here in Australia defines our culture in a lot of ways.

I see an opportunity to use documentaries as avenues to reveal and dig deeper into something that’s restricting people’s voice's. I also see it as a tool to celebrate the world we live in so we’re reminded to appreciate what we have. Most of all though, I’d love to be able to motivate people to see another part of the world, act to help someone, change their lifestyle, pursue their goals or to break down barriers of the many means of prejudice.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

Comments

1

Absolutely amazing, Em! I am really impressed! That was truly inspirational (Almost bought a little tear to my eye!) and such a true reflection of your insightful and down-to-earth personality. Congratulations! This is a definite winner. : )
xxxxoooo

  Rachael Scott Jul 29, 2010 9:58 AM

2

Em the doco is FANTASTIC!! I give it 5 golden stars! You did an incredible job and deserve a huge pat on the back!! Can't wait to see what you do next!! xo

  Megan Hutchinson Aug 5, 2010 6:27 PM

About emilyv


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.