Existing Member?

Interim 2014 in Ecuador

Day 8 Cuenca

ECUADOR | Saturday, 4 January 2014 | Views [209]

Since I wrote my blog prior to last nights activities I’ll recap what we did. It was the first night I had gone out and everyone in our group went out as well which made it very fun. We started at a little brewery and then ended our night at a discoteca. It was quite an experience.  We danced our little hearts out till about midnight then returned home. Our host mom was so cute and so unconcerned about what time we would be returning. She said something along the lines of oh you girls are smart and responsible you can be home whenever. She was very glad to hear we had a good time.

            This morning I woke up around 7:45 am and went for a run. There is a path next to a river only a couple blocks from their house. The path was full of people running and walking. It was interesting to observe how many people were active at 8 am on a Saturday morning. I can tell my body is starting to adjust to the altitude, as the run today was not nearly as hard as the run in Quito, however we are closer to sea level here. After I finished running we had breakfast then headed back to school to depart for the Banos, the hot water springs. I met three others from our group at school and wouldn’t you know the only day it rains since we have been here was today. So we stopped at a little coffee shop and waited for the rain to pass. We then headed to the Banos. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I guess I was expecting a more luxuries, resort type of experience. It wasn’t exactly that. It was pretty cloudy and cold and didn’t buy the upgrade package so we weren’t even provided with towels. Everything was pretty run down and the water in the pools looked like they hadn’t been cleaned for a while. We didn’t last too awful long there, then returned to school. We got some delicious gelato before our walks home.

            As far as tonight goes, we probably won’t do much as we have to be back to school tomorrow at 7:45 am to depart for the Incan ruins, which means we will be leaving at 7:15 to walk to school. 

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.