Existing Member?

A little bit of everything!

Siena

ISRAEL | Thursday, 30 October 2014 | Views [225]

 

We got to siena late afternoon and found our hotel, just outside the amazing city wall..and it was so nice! Comfy beds, nice shower etc..with a beautiful view of Tuscany vineyards and siena town through the kitchen window..we had tea at a nice little restaurant in the old town (gabs shout) including pizza and tiramisu..walked around and saw the square where there's a crazy horse race every year..checked out the cathedral..which was really intricate and stunning and there was no one around so for once we could have a good look! Then back to our comfy beds..
Today we really wanted to get to a winery, being in Tuscany and all..but luck really wasn't on our side! We tried to see if we could cycle to one but the winery didn't speak English to book a tasting..then we decided we'd get a bus to another one, bought return tickets, waited for ages then had to give up as we were running out of time..so eventually we walked through markets surrounding an old fortress, finally found the entrance to the fortress and went to a restaurant we'd been recommended for wine tasting...it wasn't free and wasn't at a vineyard but we finally did a wine tasting in Tuscany!
We picked up our bags from the station where we'd payed to store them and caught the bus to rome..

 

 

About emily_witenden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Israel

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.