Existing Member?

A little bit of everything!

Cannero Riviera

ITALY | Wednesday, 6 August 2014 | Views [272]

 

5 hour bus ride to Zurich, Switzerland, via a ferry rode over lake Constantine..arrived in Zurich and then got a train to basel..couldn't connect to stupid wifi so ended up getting off at the wrong station without realising..as I was meant to meet Maike, she obviously wasn't at that station but I STILL couldn't connect to wifi to find out where she was..or call her, as I didn't realise there was an area code,.after a long and stressful time of being unable to contact her, knowing she was somewhere waiting for me with her family, I got help at the tourist centre and eventually found her..an hour later..I guess not everything will run smoothly on this trip!
Exhausted from my little unlucky episode, we decided to swim/float with the current 3kms down the Rhine river..'twas hard work with such a strong current but fun :)
We then drove through the INCREDIBLE Swiss alps for a few hours before arriving to the beautiful Cannero riviera in Italy..I'd been in 3 countries in one day!! We didn't get to the holiday house (an amazing old building right on the lake, belonged to maike's grandparents) til late but Maike showed me around the town..very Italian with little cobblestone streets, gelato stores and alfresco dining..and a marina with some pretty impressive boats :P back home for a quick bite to eat then bed for well deserved rest!
The next day was pretty chilled, I went and found wifi and skyped ma and pa (finally!) then we went for a swim in the lake..then Maike, her dad (Roland) and I went in to the nearby town to get gelato (first gelato in Italy!) and groceries..but her dad was very lovely and took the scenic route up in the hills which was pretty amazing..drank water running down from the mountains and checked out a cute little church looking over the lake..did our shopping then headed home to make a pesto stir fry dish..couple of glasses of wine with maike's brother and his friend then bed..
Today was a lazy rainy day, which was fine by me! Read my book, snoozed a little..went in to town to use wifi and had a glass of wine with Maike and we organised to go to Milan together the next day..more lazing, watched desperate housewives whilst snuggling with Cuba, dinner, more wine and bed..
Up early the next day as maikes dad was driving us to the station to head to milan..just made the train as there was construction..running with my heavy backpack and stepping up the massive platform to the train was an effort! But we made it, and were on our way to Milan!

 

 

About emily_witenden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.