Existing Member?

Emily's Adventures

Nice 2

FRANCE | Monday, 10 September 2012 | Views [455]

We went to the old town for dinner for marias bday. such a cool vibe the street is pedestrian only and both sides are lined with restaurants with a lot of outdoor seating. it was pouring with rain so we went into the first nice looking place we found. all the outdoor areas are under cover so we sat outside. the street has musicians playing and is filled with people dining. we got a 15 euro set menue. our starter was a zuccini and eggplant frittata salad and jess got the tuna. the salad was huge it could have been a main on its own. we got a bottle of wine from the local provence region to accompany our dinner. for main i got slow roasted beef on taglietelle. it was amazing. everyone talks about how good the food is in italy but france has beaten italy hands down. to finish we got chocolate mouse. by the end of our meal we all couldnt move we were soo full. we went back to the hostel and got a bottle of havana club and had a few drinks, in which i mean the whole bottle.....but we were fine it wasnt a big bottle. we went into town for a boogie but forgot it was sunday so it closes early. we went to waynes bar a popular spot around here for tourists. they have a band playing and it is an old pub with sporting memerabilia. That closed around 20 mins after we got there so we walked for ages to find somewhere else to go. we finally found somewhere that had a band on playing covers we had a little dance and then looked at our watch and realised we had to be back at the hostel by 3am lock out and it was already 2.30. i made it back with one minute to spare. maria left the next morning and it was pouring with rain so we slept in until midday. ,e katene and jess went to cannes for the day. steph wanted to keep sleeping. the train took 40minutes and when we arrived in cannes the rain had stopped and the sun was coming out.we looked at the convention centre where they hold the film festival and took photos of the famous handprints, although you couldnt read a lot of them as they were signed in the concrete. we looked at more superyachts then sat on the boardwalk enjoying the sun and looking at the beach which is gold sand. it was a nice day out. we got home just in time for spaghetti night at the hostel. for 2 euro you got bread with blue vein cheese, red wine (as much as you wanted), popcorn and spaghetti. so a cheap mealm we sat next to a couple from the uk and had a great laugh then me and steph went to waynes bar with them and then sat on the beach. we didnt stay out late as we were on the bus again at 8am the next morning.

About emily_b


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.