Existing Member?

Everything under the sun, the stars and the moon

A glimpse of Wawa Dam

PHILIPPINES | Thursday, 15 November 2012 | Views [706]

Last July 2012, our group consisting of photography hobbyists/enthusiasts organized a visit to see Wawa Dam located at Montalban Rizal, Philppines. This is a decommissioned dam that has ceased operations since the 1960's but has served as a place of attraction for visitors and for anyone who just wants a good old splash. Our main purpose was to capture the early sun's rays illuminating the scenic and serene place. Unfortunately, the plan did not go our way because the sky is feeling rather melancholic filled with clouds. The team however just shrugged away and did photowalks/phototreks around the place. Honestly, there is something about the place that I found really interesting. Maybe its the gushing water of the Dam that rushes to the rocks making it perfect for Long Exposure shots. Or is it because of the inhabitants of the place that although it is only a 30-minute drive away from the city, you can feel the ambience as if you're in the province: simple yet peaceful. It might also be because the place is mysterious considering that this is where Bernardo Carpio's legend came into place. A man rumored to have been trapped in between mountains to prevent them from colliding at each other. Or it is also interesting because of the hidden gems inside its thick flora. We had to take a boat across the stream and walk on rocky rivers just to reach a certain hidden fall. According to a local, this is just one of the falls hidden in the place. Or maybe,.. just maybe... no matter how diverse the qualities from each other, they all make up the big picture, as one. A very interesting place indeed. :)

About emil


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.