Existing Member?

Adventures on the Loose

Savannah, Georgia, USA

USA | Friday, 31 December 2010 | Views [476]

Well, it's the last day of 2010. Guess that means it's time for a recap and an update of the months that I've not written anything here. I started my new job in Savannah at the end of March...right after the big St. Patrick's Day parade and celebration on River Street. Savannah has been an adjustment, and it's taken a while to find good friends, but things are looking up.  Couch Surfing has been an excellent place to meet new people that live here in the area and also to host folks from around the world. Between Couch Surfing and the salsa/bachata/tango classes and community, in just the last 8 months or so, I've met people from all over the US, Australia, Germany, France, Peru, Columbia, Argentina, Venezuela, South Africa, and more.

This little international traveler is finally getting better at Spanish, too. Gracias a mis amigos, la musica, y mi tv show favorito: Al Fondo Hay Sitio. :)

I've made a few trips to Atlanta to visit friends, and in September spend a couple weeks traveling around Peru with my boyfriend Darcy. I went to Granny's house for Thanksgiving with family, and Christmas this year was at my sister's new place outside of Washington, DC.

I'm looking forward to 2011 and expect it to be even better than 2010. God bless y'all in this coming year! ¡Dios les bendiga en este proximo año!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.