Existing Member?

Adventures on the Loose

The Last Week

PERU | Monday, 7 December 2009 | Views [557]

Cooking for Thanksgiving dinner

Cooking for Thanksgiving dinner

I was able to celebrate Thanksgiving in Cusco on Saturday the 28th with Darcy, Elar, Pamela, and Williams. We couldn't find turkey, but we did get chicken. We also had mashed sweet potatoes with raisins on top, creamed corn, something similar to lima beans, croissants, deviled eggs, wine, Coca-Cola, and chocolate cake.

Monday, I left Cusco, sadly, and flew to Lima. From there I nearly immediately took an overnight bus to Huaraz for three days. There, I visited the mountains, lakes, and a few towns around the area. It's a beautiful area. Unluckily, all the rain meant that my trek got changed and shortened, so I didn't see as much as I would have liked. It was just like my trip to Peru - too short!

Back in Lima, I hung out with new friends, and visited a few new places around the city.  I also re-visited a few places to re-take some pictures. The flight home to the States wasn't too bad, even though I missed my connecting flight back to Atlanta. That was straightened out without too much difficulty, and I landed in Atlanta Sunday night, December 6th. I drove to Mississippi the next day, and that concludes this particular adventure of traveling.

I'm still in touch with many new friends, and I look forward to seeing more of Peru and South America one day.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.