Existing Member?

Adventures on the Loose

Travel Day and Lima

PERU | Wednesday, 19 August 2009 | Views [401]

So, I made it to Peru! I left Atlanta early in the morning and had a layover in Ft. Lauderdale for nearly 5 hours. It was probably the more boring time I have EVER spent in an airport. Because my connecting flight was leaving from the same terminal I arrived in, I had to stay put. Two places to choose from to grab lunch and one tiny place with 20 books to choose from. Anyhow, I did pick up a Robert Ludlum book, which is quite captivating...especially when there is nothing else to do. My taxi ride when I got to Lima was uneventful (somehow), and since the driver didn´t speak any English, I have been forced into Spanish conversation early in my trip, which is excellent. I won´t say I am any good at it yet, but I will get there. All the guys I have run into so far are nice and friendly (surprise, surprise), but so are most of the girls, too.  Except a couple little old ladies on benches that refused to smile hello to me. hmmm.  Anyhow, I´m meeting up with Arabella in a few minutes, so I´ve to to run. Hope everyone is doing great! I am so excited to be here!

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.