Existing Member?

em and ems adventure

Days 6-10

VIETNAM | Sunday, 15 April 2007 | Views [389] | Comments [1]

Day 6 - Today we ventured to HaLong Bay, where we went on a cruise. A large seafood style banquet was served and no one was very hungry after that! After lunch majority of us decided to jump off the back of the boat for a bit of a swim! It was freezing! After a long day we boarded the RATRACO TRAIN at 10pm to spend the next ten hours on the way to Lao Cai station, near Sa Pa.

Day 7 - We were all woken at 5:30am on the train so we had time to orgainse ourselves! After getting off the train we boarded two buses and headed for th local town known as Sa Pa. All were very tired so on arrival at the hotel we all slept.

Day 8 - Today we were all woken nice and early to catch the bus to the Muong Hao Vally. On arrival at the top of the valley we all jumped off the bus and began the descent down the terrace by foot to visit the Black Hmong minority! The scenery was spectacular, it was rice field after rice fieldand was all so lushious and green!

Day 9 - After an early breakfast we drove a short distance to another local village, Ta Phin which is home to the Red Dzao women. These women shave there heads and eyebrows and wear bright scarlet coloured turbans! They looked so beautiful and there way of ife is so different to ours! After our visit to the village we journeyed back to Sa Pa fro a late lunch and free time. At 9pm we hopped aboard the RATRAO TRAIN to head back to Hanoi.

Day 10 - Today was a day of travel! We arrived in sHanoi at 5:30am, yuck! and then headed straight to the airport where we flew to Saigon! By the time we reached the city we  were all so tired! But we still managed to have a wonder around the shops!

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

All the memories flood back when i read our blog and everyone else's who came on the trip with us. It was such an amazing experience for us.

  Em Apr 25, 2007 8:28 PM

About em_and_em


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.