Existing Member?

em and ems adventure

day 1 to 4 briefly

VIETNAM | Thursday, 12 April 2007 | Views [475] | Comments [7]

hey all back in aus and others reading. sorry havent been able to get onlline till now. we have been so busy doing so many new different and exciting things. day 1- After an 8hr flight we landed in Hochimin City. it was very hot and muggy a bit of a shock as we are used to Australias weather. from there we got another plane to Cambodia. both flights were good but the landing of the second was very rough, had heaps of fun though. very tired at the end of the day even though we slept on the plane. our hotel had a lovely swimming pool and all was great :) Day 2- we toured three different temples today one of which features in Tomb Raider. the stone carvings were beautiful and were all hand carved so they would have taken a very long time. at night we went shopping whcih was both fun and scary. we got to ride the tuk tuks to dinner they were so much fun, absolutely loved them. Day 3- Today started at the land mine museum, this was very confronting but great to see. our tour guide (for the museum) was 19 and only had one leg. he lost the other along with his older brother and sistert in a land mine accident at the age of eight. after this we went to another temple which was beautiful inside and out and one of the buildings close by had bones of people killed in the polpot resigme which brought a tear to both Ems' eyes! Day 4-Last day in Cambodia! We visited Para's village but he wasnt home so Mr Gooding took us around! He showed us where they cremate people and he explained to us that when people are burned there muscles contracxt so they sit up and you can see them! GROSE! LOL! After this we visited the buddist temple again because it was really close to the orphanage! The children there were just gorgeous and were so happy! None of the children wanted us to leave! :( Without much warning PAra showed up! he is such a charming guy that was so glad to see us! He stayed with us for lunch and for the afternoon! Just seeing him smile made everyone around him so happy! He explained to us about him being a monk for ten days and then how when he finishes school he wants to go to uni and study so he can be a tour guide! We were all really sad to say goodbye to him and he will be greatly missed!

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

Very interesting reading girls. I am really glad that you are both having such a great time and enjoying all your new experiences. Para got his days mixed up and was really disappointed that he could spend only a little time with you. He is such a delightful young guy who really wants to go somewhere. Hope the train trip didn't knock you around too much!!

  Mr Mal Apr 13, 2007 7:41 AM

2

Hey Em (and all from Bowral High). So glad to hear from you all and hear you are having such a great(and safe) time . Have fun!

Look forward to your next Blog - soon I hope!

Lots o love Em, Miss you
Mum and Dad

  peter lake Apr 13, 2007 10:28 AM

3

Ner Emma sounds like your having fun!!!!! So wishing i had come now! Sounds like your having a great time! Say hi to everyone for me and remember i want LOTS and LOTS of photos, and a birthday prezzie!!! :)
Can't wait to hear about all your adventures when you get back, i'm going for my L's today so wish me luck!!
Luv ya,
Ursh

  Ursh Apr 13, 2007 1:12 PM

4

hey em and em
it sounds like u guys are having an absolutely awesome time! i hope that the rest ur trip is as exciting as the first four days and that u all have a safe time as well!
see you when u get back
lots of love kelly

  kelly Apr 15, 2007 1:11 PM

5

Hi Emmy
Just returned from coast today and it was sooo good to see your blog. Sounds wonderful and you sound really happy. Bet you are laden with silver jewellery!!!!
Hey Em, its Ben, hope you're having a great time and are seeing some great sights, your easter bunny is all melted :P cya when you get back!(He left your chocolate from Aunty Liz in his car.....ooops)reckons he'll buy you some more Lol. Miss you sweetheart, have the best time you can.
Love you Ma XXXOOO

  Kerry Southerden Apr 15, 2007 8:59 PM

6

Hey Em
Good to see you are having a great time. Looking forward to seeing all your photos and hearing your stories. The world really is a great place isn,t it. Now you see why we are the lucky country and such a little thing can mean so much to others. Hope your travel bug has not grown to big yet. Don't forget Sydney arrival pick up point.

Dad

  Lucky Apr 16, 2007 9:43 PM

7

Hurry up and update Emma!!!!!!!!!! I want to know more!!!! Sounds like your having fun, just one word of advice:
learn...
to...
hit...
enter!!!!! Spaces make much easier reading!!!
Luv ya Emma,
Ursh

  Ursh Apr 17, 2007 8:59 PM

About em_and_em


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.