Existing Member?

Elvig's Journey

Arriba!!

USA | Friday, 3 January 2014 | Views [170]

It’s Friday!! Today I woke up at my usual 6:45 for 8:30 class and had breakfast with my mom again. She told me that she had been up since 5 on a early morning jog and had already started cooking dinner. She also told me that she uses “lemon” (lime) as deodorant. My mom is very funny with her facial expressions and hand gestures. Since were rarely on the same page with language she does a lot of acting and it’s always very amusing. She was describing to me how people that use spray deodorant are very smelly when they have their arms up in the air. I took the trek to school and had class. After class I went out to lunch with John at el cantaro and then got ice cream. We went to the park and ate our ice cream on a bench. A man named Damien came and sat down right next to us when we didn’t think there was enough room on the bench. That was kind of awkward at first but he turned out to be a really nice guy. We talked a lot about soccer and he even had a family in the U.S. so he knew a little bit of English. We came back to the school and it was dance time!! We danced to merengue and it was awesome!! I was so sweaty and my hips were shaking like no other. It was a great workout and can’t wait to test out my moves tonight. Later on the whole class decided to go out to eat and have a few drinks. It was a ton of fun! It was also very interesting to see how people from Ecuador go about their Friday nights. It was pretty similar to the U.S. except they are a lot more confrontational. We went to a discoteca after dinner, which was a ton of fun!! We took cabs back home and got ready for bed. Tomorrow is our day off!!

About elvi0268


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.