Existing Member?

100 Days Of Summer When your home country is covered in feet of snow and -20 is the average temperature everywhere it's important to flaunt that you aren't home! This blog documents my adventures through the Pacific and South East Asia as I enjoy exactly 100 Days of Summer.

Bula! Welcome to Fiji! Apply Sunscreen Evenly and Often!

FIJI | Sunday, 19 January 2014 | Views [695]

Well friends I finally made it! Liz here, I'm on the main island of beautiful Fiji and it's amazing. Being here has made me forget the ordeal with LAX and given me an opportunity to relax.
I got in at 5am Nadi time, and it was daylight savings so it was 5am twice for a bit. The first thing I noticed about Fiji is that the birds sound so different. It's like listening to the soundtrack from the Rainforest Cafe, except you can see the birds because they're real! I got to Bamboo Backpackers and checked in, the staff are so nice and said "You've been through enough Elizabeth! Go sleep!"
I climbed up into my bunk in my dorm room and crashed for the "night". Waking up was tough, but I wasn't the only one adjusting to the time so we stuck together. It was a long day of relaxing on the beach, swimming in the ocean, drinking kava, eating lovo, and meeting so many new people! Apparently I have a lovely accent!
Swimming in the ocean was a big deal! I was so surprised by how salty and warm it was! I felt like a McDonald's French fry! I also have the weirdest burn on my arm, and hairline. Apparently these are spots I missed. You notice theses things more when you're so close to the equator and burn like kindling! Tomorrow's a new day and tan line!
I'm headed to bed, but I'll do my best to post some pictures ASAP (on Fiji Time)

Tags: backpacker, beaches, bula, canadian, fiji, nadi, ocean, sunburn

 

About elizabethkfmurphy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.