Existing Member?

The Psychic Said It Was A Good Idea

Transit

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 2 June 2011 | Views [581] | Comments [3]

We arrived in Crete last night, safe and exhasted, after a 30 hour transit. And, just so you know, you CANNOT take booze from Australia to anywhere in the EU. Countries in the EU only except those special sealed bags from the EU. Which was fun. In Athens, when we discovered this, we attempted to check our bottles in, packed in a backpack and all wrapped up, but apparently Olympic Air only takes bottles in a special box with special packing that is not available at the airport. But Agean does check it in. Lot of good that did us. Any way, after much running around, we achieved nothing and lost a couple of bottles. Actually I thought the whole thing was pretty funny.

That and the fact that my Aunty Barbara was seated seperatly from the rest of us on every single flight. \

Anyway, time for a Frappe!

xxx

Comments

1

Glad you made it there safe and with a sufficient amount of hilarity. Good to see that things are already taking the unplanned path :-)

Also, this picture you have up on here is bloody amazing!!

xx

  Jewellier Jun 2, 2011 10:28 PM

2

Lucky y'all had plenty of homebrew at your destination (:

  Sophie Jun 9, 2011 9:51 PM

3

Thankyou, Jewellier - Doesn't she look beautiful? Those buffalo sauntered by at just the right moment. The baby was grunting.

  Sophie Jun 9, 2011 9:54 PM

About elishacurcio


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.