Existing Member?

On the Road

Circles, Arrows and a Triangle

ANDORRA | Thursday, 17 April 2014 | Views [147] | Scholarship Entry

After the Tomatina festival at Bunol, me and my fellow travellers decided to take a trip to Andorra too, before passing to France once again. Andorra, mostly known as a small dot on the european maps and typically most travelers pass over there without any curiosity. But we wondered about there! More than the half of our 45 days european journey we had stayed on the streets, trains, main squares, beaches and parks, on the remaining part of the journey we had chosen to stay on the very best social hostels like as Flying Pig and Kabul. This time we have arranged our accommodation on a camp site on the road of Andorra mountain considering the cheap price and probably the recommendation of our Lonely Planet book which we had gained it in the Kabul Hostel by singing a Turkish song to the staff. Regarding to our high experience and survival skills, we didn't worry about how to go the camp site and any other detail information about there. We had spent a day having a small discovery on the city or should i say country. The people of the country weren't familiar with the backpackers as we recognize the looks on us but we had enjoyed the feeling of being strangers/marginals. After the midnight we had decided to go on to the camp and had arranged a cap to take us to there because of the long distance. Everything seemed fine until this moment. Nobody could claim to us that there are people who don't know the meaning of even "yes" and "no". I am not exaggerating the situation but it had happened, the receptionist guy couldn't even understand yes or no. By using mimic we came to the point of paying the price and getting ready to go to our tent. Still everything seemed fine until we had discovered that all the tents were different from each other. We went back and tried to say that we don't have tent, we wanted to rent it. The problem of understanding was solved when I drew a triangle as representing the tent and 4 circles as representing us. I put a arrow that shows the triangle as their property and arrows from circles to the tent as referring we had thought that you were renting tents too. We got stuck on the somewhere of Andorra mountain. We laid our beach towels near the road. Considering to cold, I worn 5 tshirts and 3 shorts over and over. When I got up around 5am due to cold, I recognized that my fellow were almost frozen and one of them was surviving with the heat of a pet bottle which one of us had peed to survive him. Of course story ended with a good end.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About elephansman


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Andorra

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.