Existing Member?

Go explore

A magic trip

FRANCE | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [117] | Scholarship Entry

I was in England, London doing an internship. I always wanted to go and explore foreign countries. And now was a big chance as I was close to every country, almost every country. But I was waiting for someone else to join me, but no one was willing to come. Something that I used to do all the time and ending up not doing what I wanted. So one day I had to make a decision. Go for my dream! I did a small preparation on what I would do regarding sightseeing and I took the night bus that departed on 23:30 and next morning, after 9 hour trip I wake up in PARIS :)

When I arrive, still being in the bus, it was raining but I said no matter of the weather I will go and explore Paris! The weather won’t bring me down. After leaving my stuff to the hotel my journey of exploring Paris has just begun. The rain had stopped but the weather was cloudy. My first destination was the Eiffel Tower; the queue was not as big as I had read in the internet. While waiting in the queue to get up the Eiffel Tower the weather was getting better and better and when I went up also the sun went up! It was actually up long before but the clouds were hiding it. So lucky me I took nice fotos!

Then followed seeing the Notre Dame and a magic cruise at Seine! The next morning I went to see the Louvre museum. It was the first Sunday of February and the museum is free every first Sunday of every month. I said lucky me! But when I arrived and saw the queue .. wow. Not need to mention that I did not wait to get in the museum. I said maybe next time…. depending on the queue!
So I start walking and exploring the streets of Paris. Amazing buildings with exceptional architecture. They leave you speechless.

The time was almost 13:00 and at 13:30 I was heading back to London. 9 hours trip you need to leave early. But I will come back one day! There is plenty left to see!! Montmartre, Moulin Rouge, avenue des Champs Elysees, Versailles, and the museum! Did I forget to mention the museum? :)

It was an amazing experience and I will never forget the day that I followed my dream and it came true :)

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About electra_painter


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.